Quinoa Salad with Cranberries and Goat Cheese is an impressive salad recipe you can quickly whip up with what you have on hand. It’s perfect for a last minute side, unexpected guests, or for a holiday dish.
Every time I make this salad someone always asks for the recipe. It’s that good.
- Quinoa, pre cooked or prepared according to the instructions. I often make a batch on Sunday to add to our meals throughout the week for extra protein.
- 1 package of baby kale
- 1 or 2 handfuls of arugula
- 1/2 cut of chopped walnuts
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/4 dried cranberries
- 3 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs white wine vinegar
- A pinch of sugar
- 3/4 tsp Koser salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- A mason jar for shakin’ it up
- Prepare the dressing in a mason jar and shake well. Set aside until serving and then combine with the salad.
- Combine the salad ingredients in a bowl and toss. Add the goat cheese last to avoid over crumbling.