Lemon honey saffron grilled chicken is a simple recipe that tastes like a gourmet dinner. The only prep work is thinking one day ahead to marinate the chicken. Other than that, it’s grill and serve.
I typically prep the marinade for overnight on a Sunday, making Monday (the toughest day in our home) an easy meal night.
- 4 bone in chicken breasts, skins on, or 6 bone in chicken thighs, skins on
- 2 tablespoons of good olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 pinch of saffron threads
- 2 tablespoons of local honey
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 pinch of Kosher salt and 1 pinch of pepper
- 1 cup of baby arugula
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken, lightly coat with salt and place in a glass sealable bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients to a pan on the stove and allow to saute for a 3-5 minutes. Then pour the contents into the chicken bowl, put the lid on and shake to combine. Allow the chicken to marinate overnight.
- The next day, grill the chicken, skin side first, for the time required per your choice of cut.
- Serve with baby arugula for garnish.