If you haven’t figured out yet, I love salad. It’s not about the calories for me. It’s all about a craving for crunch and flavor. I’m in love with fresh veggies and olive oil. To make my salad’s ultra filling I add various meats, cheeses, and proteins.
Here’s a twist on a traditional Greek Salad. By adding quinoa and arugula we’re turning this side salad into a full meal!
- 10 -15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and quartered
- 1 green pepper, sliced in strips
- 1/3 of a red onion, sliced in strips
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 8oz block of feta cheese, cubed
- 3 cups or arugula
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa
- 1 mason jar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 lemons, pitted and juiced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of the Kalamata olive juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the dressing ingredients in the mason jar and vigorously shake.
- Cook the quinoa according to the package instructions and allow to cool for at least 30 minutes. * I often make a quinoa batch on Sunday and pull what i need from it throughout the week.
- Place all of the salad ingredients, including the cooled quinoa in a bowl and toss with the dressing. Be gentle with the feta. Allow to settle for at least 20 minutes before serving.