Without fail, bananas have barely a two day window in our home. First, they are too hard and then they are too ripe. Fortunately, that’s when Nana’s Banana nut recipe comes in handy. Everyone knows Nana makes the best Banana nut muffins! The recipe makes approximately 18 regular size muffins. We have them as snacks, lunch sides, and for breakfast. They solve all of my “what to feed the kids” issues for 2-3 days.
- 2 cups of flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup of butter, 1 stick at room temp
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 cup of turbinado sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4-5 ripe bananas
- Chopped walnuts
- Muffin tins/liners and muffin trays (enough for 18)
- Pre heat the oven 350 degrees and place 18 muffin tins in the muffin trays.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer or mixing bowl add the bananas and butter, creaming together. Next add the dry ingredients and eggs one at a time. Blend just enough to moisten. Then fold in the chopped walnuts.
- Spoon the batter into the tins/liners, filling 3/4 of the way.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes – until lightly browned on top. Cool on a tray or dishtowel for 30 minutes and dust with confectioners sugar to finish!