A beautiful, fragrant, and rich salad excellent for holidays, dinner parties, and everyday meals. Quick to assemble and impressive to serve, this salad recipe will quickly become one of your favorites.
Your portions will be determined by the quantity of people and if this will be a side or dinner, served with a grilled chicken or steak.
- Romaine lettuce
- Boston lettuce
- Goat cheese, crumbed and torn
- Walnuts, chopped
- Dried cranberries to sprinkle throughout
- Cucumber, peeled and sliced
- Honey crisp apple, sliced
- Grapes, halved
- Red onion, sliced and sparingly
- 4 tablespoons evoo
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 shallot, finely sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt or kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Combine all of the ingredients in a mason jar and shake vigorously.
- Assemble all of the ingredients in your serving bowl, except the goat cheese, and combine.
- Add the goat cheese and gently toss.
- Dress the salad in the bowl or serve with the dressing on the side.