Sometimes I post a specific dish recipe and other times I do the whole plate. Panko-Parmesan Chicken with a Shallot Lemon Salad covers the whole plate. This family-friendly dinner is a go-to dish when I have chicken and no idea what to do with it. Why? Most likely I already have all of the ingredients and the flavors are so sweet. The chicken is mild in flavor and boasts a crisp crust. It blends perfectly with the tangy notes of lemon in the salad. It’s light, clean, and airy. I serve it with a glass of bubbles, because why not.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cleaned and trimmed
- 1 cup of Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- Salt and pepper
For the salad and lemon shallot vinaigrette dressing:
- 1 Meyer lemon, to squeeze and zest
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 tbs whole grain dijon mustard
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 4 radishes, sliced thin
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 head of lettuce, Boston lettuce or butter lettuce
- 2 handfuls of fresh spinach
- Dressing: Squeeze the lemon (straining pits) into a small bowl. Add the dijon and chopped shallot and whisk together. Last, add in the olive oil and whisk. Refrigerate while you prepare the rest of the meal.
- Salad: Place the lettuce, cucumbers, radish and spinach in a bowl and toss. Add a little lemon zest to finish.
- Chicken: Set up your pan on the stove with olive oil and turn the heat to medium. Meanwhile, you’ll need 3 bowls for dredging:
- Breadcrumbs, parmesan, salt and pepper combined
- Dredge the chicken in this exact order – flour, egg, Panko mixture.
- Place the chicken in the pan and fry for 3 minutes on each side twice, to avoid burning. Be sure it’s cooked through.
- Serve with the lemon shallot vinaigrette drizzled lightly over the top, after dressing the salad with the majority of dressing.