My neighbor, Shamila, makes the best Tandoori Masala Chicken. One Sunday, I had to ask her how she makes it. She ran into her house and moments later emerged with a packet and tips for perfection. Easy, fresh and quick! Fortunately, we had all of the ingredients on hand to make this chicken happen – It did not disappoint.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, or thighs, legs, bone in breasts
- 1/2 packet of Shan Seasoning – Tandoori Masala (you can get this at an Indian food specialty store or order on Amazon here). The recipe calls for the whole packet but this is really spicy. Our kids like the 1/2.
- 1 lemon, squeezed and pits removed
- 1 knob of fresh ginger, sliced or pasted
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 cup of plain yogurt (greek is preferable).
- Mix all the ingredients together and marinate for at least one hour or up to 3 hours.
- Grill the chicken until cooked through – depending on the cut you chose will determine the time. Boneless skinless will be about 5-7 minutes per side, bone in will be about 30 – 45 total.
- Eat with total joy!