Skip to content
Amber’s 5 Ingredient Squash Soup
- 1 quart of vegetable stock, plus a little more if you like your soup thinner
- One large butternut squash, chopped
- One sweet onion, finely diced
- One stick of butter, cut into 8 pieces
- Salt and pepper to flavor and taste and toasted seeds of your choice for garnish!
- Chop up the squash, no need to skin it, and dice the onion finely.
- Place them both in the stockpot and pour in the vegetable stock to cover just above the vegetable line. Bring the pot to a boil and then lower the heat to a simmer for at least 1 hour.
- Pour the contents of the stockpot into a food processor, blender, or immersion blender. Add the cold pieces of butter in as you blend.
- Salt and pepper to taste and serve with crusty bread and toasted seeds plus cream for garnish!