Skip to content
- 10 cups or approximately 8 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice (optional)
- ½ cup water
- 3/4 cup of white sugar
- 1 cup Old Fashioned oats
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour (King Arthur is our fav)
- 1.5 cups packed brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup butter, melted
- Peel and slice the apples.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the sliced apples in a baking pan or glass dish. Pour the water evenly over the apples. Mix the white sugar, 2 tablespoons of flour and ground cinnamon together, and coat over the apples in the pan with a wooden spoon.
- Combine the oats, remaining flour, brown sugar, baking soda, apple pie spice, and melted butter together in a separate bowl. Crumble with your hands evenly over the apple mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes, until brown and serve warm alone or with a side of vanilla ice cream!