Skip to content
- 2 cups old fashioned oats dry or steel cut oats, uncooked
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 3/4 cups almond milk – I use Diamond 30 calorie vanilla
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup 100% maple syrup, divided + more to taste when served
- Fruit or nuts of your choice for topping – Red pears, apples, nuts, pumpkin seeds, granola, dried fruits
- Combine almond milk, water, 4 tablespoons of syrup, salt and the pumpkin pie spice in a pot. Bring to a slow boil, whisking occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low and add in the oats. Cook, stirring often for about 6-8 minutes, until the oats are fully tender.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the pumpkin pie puree and 1/2 the remaining syrup.
- Serve with additional syrup to taste and the toppings of your choosing!