- 1 1/2 pound assorted new potatoes
- I love colorful potatoes for this dish – purple, red, white
- 2 cups of fresh spinach
- 3/4 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbs dried oregano
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup of EVOO
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste (approx 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper)
- Wash all vegetables.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the potatoes and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, in a separate small bowl combine the oregano, lemon juice and white wine vinegar. Whisk in the olive oil. Stir in the salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Remove the potatoes with a wide spoon from the boiling water (without draining the water) and set the potatoes aside. Add the green beans to the same boiling water pot. Cook the green beans until bright in green color and slightly tender, about 3 minutes. Remove the green beans and place them in your serving bowl. Place any smaller potatoes in the same bowl and then slice in half any potatoes that are larger. You’ll want to do this while they are still warm. Combine the fresh spinach with the potatoes and green beans. The spinach will naturally soften in the warmth of the other vegetables. Next, add the scallions, parsley, and garlic to the same bowl.
- Finally, toss the warm vegetables with the herb vinaigrette. Serve immediately.