- 10-12 large brown eggs – hard boiled, peeled, cooled
- 1 Tbsp. distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, I use Hellman’s
- 1 bunch of fresh dill
- 1 Tbsp fresh tarragon
- 1/2 a shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. yellow mustard
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
All The Fixins
- Crusty bread – Farmhouse, Sourdough, Hearty Grain
- 4-8 leaves butter lettuce or arugula
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- Bread and butter pickle slices
- Hard boil all the eggs, cool in cold water and peel.
- Chop the eggs and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mayo, dill, tarragon, shallot, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Add eggs to the mayonnaise mixture and gently fold in. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours and up to 2 days.
- To assemble, top bread with a generous amount of egg salad, lettuce, tomatoes and pickles. Serve as sandwich or open-faced or skip the bread and try lettuce wraps.
We often make this egg salad for dinner and serve with a salad, roasted broccoli or green beans, and a side of cous-cous. It also goes well with our scalloped potatoes!