We’ve made just about every Banana Bread recipe out there. Magnolia Table’s Banana Bread hands down is our kids favorite! Why mess with a good thing.
- 8 TBSP (or 1 stick) salted butter, melted and cooled ( we use unsalted)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4-5 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or chocolate chips
- 1-2 TBSP granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8×8 baking pan with nonstick baking spray or line with parchment paper. I tend to go with the spray over lining – but the lining is cute.
- In a stand mixer, beat together the butter, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla with the paddle attachment until well blended. Add the bananas until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat just until combined. Add the chocolate chips or pecans and mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly. Sprinkle the sugar over the top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a tester or toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle. Let the bread cool slightly in the pan on a rack. Slice and serve warm with butter or plain.
- You can store at room temperature for up to two days…but with kids in the house, it won’t ever last that long.