- 3 lbs thin sliced round steak (1/4 inch thick), trimmed
- 2 cans crushed tomatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 cup water
- 3 cloves garlic, pealed
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Pecorino Romano cheese, grated (or grated Parmesan, but Pecorino Romano cheese is the bomb).
- Optional: sliced green peppers and mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Salt and pepper the meat on both sides.
- Drizzle olive oil in the bottom of a large roasting pan. Place the meat in the pan with cloves of garlic.
- Cook in the oven until meat is browned.
- Once the meat is browned, turn the oven down to 325 degrees and add the tomatoes, wine, water and parsley. Remove the garlic or mash it into the sauce. Continue to cook for 2 hours.
- Serve over rice or angel hair pasta with cheese on top.
- Optional: When the meat has an hour left to cook, add sliced green peppers and mushrooms to the roasting pan.