Skip to content
- 8 chicken cutlets
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 to 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 to 4 tablespoons EVOO
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed or finely chopped
- 2 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup sweet Marsala wine
- 3/4 cup low-salt chicken broth
- Sprinkle the chicken cutlets with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of oil in a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in chicken cutlets 4 at a time (work in batches) and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer cooked chicken to a plate and repeat with second batch.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the skillet. Add the shallot and garlic. Saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add a tablespoon of the olive oil, if necessary. Add the mushrooms and saute until tender and the juices evaporate, about 3 minutes. Season with salt.
- Add the Marsala. Simmer until the Marsala reduces by half, about 2 minutes.
- Add the broth and the rosemary sprigs. Simmer until reduced by half, about 4 minutes. Return chicken to the skillet. Pour in all of the pan juices. Cook just until heated through, turning to coat, about 1 minute. Stir the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter into the sauce. Season the sauce with salt and pepper, to taste.